The Civil Service Commission (CSC) is still accepting applications for October 13, 2013 Civil Service Exam for Professional and Sub-Professional levels also known as Career Service Examinations Paper-and-Pencil Test (CSE-PPT).
Applicants can submit and file their applications to CSC regional or field offices until August 30, 2013.
You can download the application form here.
Applications will be accepted 45 days (August 30, 2013) before the date of the examination or until the target number of applicants has been reached.
The Career Service Examination is an assessment of an individual’s preparedness to cater service to the government. It covers the subject areas of English, Filipino, and General Information, which includes Philippine Constitution, Code of Conduct and Ethical Standards for Public Officials and Employees, Peace and Human Rights Issues with Concepts, and Environment Management and Protection. The examinee should get a rating of at least 80% to pass the exam.
To qualify for the examinations applicants must be:
- A Filipino citizen
- At least 18 years old
- With good moral character
- Not convicted by final judgment of offense or crime in involving moral turpitude, or disgraceful or immoral conduct, dishonesty, examination irregularity, drunkenness, or addiction to drugs
- Not dishonorably discharged from military service, or dismissed for cause from any civilian positions in the government
- There is no limit in taking the CSC examination, but the commission allows taking the same level of exam only once in every three months.
- Fully-accomplished application form (CS Form No. 100 Revised 2012)
- Four (4) copies of idenitical pictures: Taken within the last three (3) months prior to filing of application; Philippine passport picture size (4.5 cm x 3.5 cm or 1.78” x 1.38”) colored, with white background and printed on quality photo paper; with full and handwritten (not computer-generated) name tag in the format: FirstName, Middle Initial, Last Name, and Extension Name, if any, and signature overthe printed name
- Original and photocopy of any valid ID containing applicant’s clear picture, date of birth, signature, and signature of the authorized head of the issuing agency such asDriver’s License, SSS ID, GSIS ID, Philhealth ID, current Company/Office ID, currentSchool ID, Postal ID, BIR ID, Barangay ID, Voter’s ID, Valid Passport, or PoliceClearance (Note: Any other ID not included in the list shall NOT be accepted)
- For applicants without data on their date of birth in their valid ID, original andphotocopy of NSO-issued Birth Certificate or Birth Certificate authenticated/issued bythe Local Civil Registrar (LCR
- Examination fee of Php500 for the CSE-PPT, or Php600 for the CSE-CAT. For fees of other examinations, please see related Examination Announcement.
For more detailed requirements you can also refer to the application form. You can download the application form here.